Tim Parilla joined Palmersheim & Mathew LLP as an associate in 2019. He has experience serving clients in complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, product liability, antitrust, and construction litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Tim worked at a nationally known aviation and construction litigation firm in Chicago where he represented architects, engineers, manufacturers, and other professionals accused of breaching their standards of care.
Tim is skilled at working with clients in fast-paced industries and appreciates the variability of different industries and services that clients need. This allows him to see the similarities in how businesses are run and better understand what clients want and need in order to resolve cases in a clear and effective way.
Tim lives in the Old Town neighborhood of Chicago and enjoys playing soccer and skiing in his free time.
- Legal Aid Chicago- McCutcheon Legal Clinic, Uptown
- Defeated all causes of action brought by owner against design professional where plaintiff asserted counts for breach of contract and tortious interference via series of pretrial motions.
- Successfully defended insurance producer in appeal taken by plaintiff in dispute related to non-renewal of insurance coverage.
- Resolved claims brought against CRM/ERP consultant in multiparty dispute related to software implementation project.
- Participated in resolution of multimillion-dollar claim brought against environmental remediation consultant involved in the cleanup of LUST site; matter resolved without client making any settlement payments.
- Developed affirmative defense and prepared motion for summary judgment resulting in low value settlement of multimillion-dollar claim against design professional.
- Established evidence to defeat fraudulent concealment claim prior to low value settlement of multimillion-dollar claim against design professional.
- Participated in Cook County wrongful death trial resulting in defense verdict arising out of aviation disaster where plaintiff sought over $39 million in damages.
- Successfully defeated multiple causes of action brought by subcontractors and general contractor against design professional, including breach of warranty, implied indemnity, unjust enrichment, and promissory estoppel arising out of construction of large commercial development.
- Represented insurance producer and coordinated global settlement to resolve insurance dispute arising out of total loss of structure from fire.
- Represented president of condominium association in lawsuit alleging tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by unit owners. Successfully moved to dismiss and defeated appeal of unit owner’s claim.
- Represented employers in response to employment discrimination claims and successfully resolved IEPA charges brought by several ex-employees alleging racial discrimination resulting in IEPA’s decision to withdraw investigation.
- Successfully settled lawsuit brought against design consultant for nuisance-value settlement after conducting site inspection and retaining expert witness to refute plaintiff’s liability theory.